Who doesn’t love a good BBQ with friends and family? or a sale at the mall? Memorial Day is a federal holiday observed on the last Monday of June. It originated after the Civil War to commemorate the fall union soldiers of the American Civil War. Are you looking for a way to celebrate Memorial Day this year? See our list of 7 ways to commemorate those who have fallen for our country.
1. Have a picnic with friends and family and enjoy the unofficial start of summer.
2. Enjoy a parade or head to a local memorial day service.
3. Visit a Veterans Cemetery. You can find listings here.
4. Wear your most patriotic attire around town.
5. Hang an American flag.
6. Invite all your friends over to your Gables apartment for a BBQ. You can find the best Memorial Day recipes here.
7. See a list from the Palm Beach Post on how to spend your Memorial Day here
How will you celebrate Memorial Day Gables Montecito? Let us know on our Facebook Page.